Tuesday, August 9, 2011

No Utensils Needed

Drop the Knife and Fork; Eat with your Hands!!  


Fancy One-Biters otherwise known as Hors d'oeuvres, Appetizers, Finger Foods, Tapas, etc, .. are perfect for any event - no utensils needed.




Having been to quite a few events that were catered, I was quite amazed at the sheer amount of work that went into putting them together-especially when it came to plating the food.  I think what soured me was there were so many dishes that had to be used for different courses only for them to then have to be washed.  What a waste of time - keep it simple.   I'm a foodie and my focused interest is definitely about the foods' flavor and presentation but I knew that once I started my catering business, I wanted to put more attention into the food and cut down on the process of plating.   So I got to thinking: Why not take conventional catering and simplify it a bit while still maintaining classy and appealing presentation.  Instead of tons of dishes, substitute with a tasteful cocktail napkin or perhaps using disposable mini dishes that offer classy presentation.    


The concept of a function being catered exclusively with Delicious & Creative Finger Foods opens up so many opportunities to expand upon.  The concern for renting tables and their place settings is gone; a seating area and maybe some bar tables for guests to socialize around and you're good to go.  Plus who doesn't want the option of taking dough (cash) that would've been expended on the aforementioned and using it for more food variety at their event?  


Small bites for your next event anyone?